miércoles, 28 de noviembre de 2012

What if...?


Good evening my dear friends!

It's been a couple of days since I last saw you. How have you been? I've been a bit busy killing, I mean helping old ladies. Do you think you are improving your English? I certainly do! Today I'd like to work on Conditional Sentences, and the use of the Second Conditional to express hypothesis. I know you remember that a Conditional Sentence is formed by a condition (past simple form of the verb) and a result ( would + infinitive form of the verb), as in the following example:

If I were a rich man, I would buy an expensive car.

- Important!: remember to use were instead of was for every form of the verb to be in the past simple tense.

There's a great explanation of the second conditional in the following website* in case you want to go deeper:

Second Conditional


*  www.englishgrammarsecrets.com

Whitechapel Alley is a neighborhood full of secrets, mysteries and sudden surprises so you must know what to do if something terrible happened. As you may guess, I want you to create results to the following conditions using the Second Conditional. 

1) If I met Jack The Ripper in the middle of the night I...

2) If I knew who the murderer is...

3) If I won the lottery I...

4) If I went to the USA I...

5) If Jack told me that he is the serial-killer I...

Please fill your sentences honestly and comment this post with your name on it. Should you have any doubt, don't hesitate to contact me!

Bye-bye!

Jack

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario